Welcome to the website of the English Board of the Levende Talen. As a subsection of Levende Talen Magazine, this website aims to inform and inspire all teachers of English for primary, secondary and (pre-)vocational education in the Netherlands. In addition to being a platform for information and discussion, this website aims to bring together teachers from within and outside of the Netherlands.
The LT board is made up of English teachers whose mission is to inform and inspire you. For regular updates check out this website or follow us on Facebook or Twitter. Why not also become a member of LT and enjoy all the benefits offered by membership.
What is Levende Talen?
- A professional association of modern language teachers which has existed for over 100 years!
- A platform of and for modern language teachers which is a member of the Dutch trade union Federatie van Onderwijsvakorganisaties – so you will also automatically belong to a trade union.
What do we offer teachers of English?
- Workshops and conferences.
- A meeting platform for teachers of English at all levels of education.
- The trade union and professional organisation for teachers of English, with lots if useful information and advice on langage education – in our two publications Levende Talen Magazine and Levende Talen Tijdschrift, on our website and in our quarterly digital Newsletter.
As a member you will enjoy all the benefits of membership of Levende Talen, including:
- eight free issues of Levende Talen Magazine a year, with all the latest developments
- four free issues of Levende Talen Tijdschrift a year, with academic articles
- membership of the trade union
- the English section is an Associate of the UK-based International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (IATEFL).
How do I join?
- Preferably by completing the form on the website levendetalen.nl
- Otherwise contact the Levende Talen office at + 31 (0)30-2059978 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The annual fee is €85 (for members in the Netherlands – €80 for members in other countries), €42 for prospective members (unemployed graduates and students for up to two years), senior citizens and members’ partners, and €25 for student teachers.
- For more information, please contact our secretary Andrea Lutz: email@example.com
Vereniging van Leraren in Levende Talen, Joseph Haydnlaan 2a,
3533 AE Utrecht